Telephony is one of the main channels of communication at the union. The existing telephony platform is of an outgoing model and must be replaced. The union has conducted a pilot study which included needs analysis, vision and action plan concerning future communication systems. The union wanted to purchase a new telephony platform.
UClarity‘s assignment is to develop a requirements specification and tender documentation, and support the union in the choice of future communications solution and operators. Summary of the primary activities:
- Development of requirement specification for future communications solution based on the completion of the needs analysis, existing IT / telecom strategies, traffic patterns and costs
- Analysis of alternative operating and management models (own operation, which service or mix) with the advantages / disadvantages of each option
- Documentation of integration requirements, phone features, reference, number series, data and telecommunications connections, support, statistics, management, financing, training, deadlines, etc.
- Anchoring requirement specification of activities
- Create purchasing documents based on requirement specification
- Dispatch to 4-6 potential suppliers
- Summary of responses incl. licensing and hardware costs, and operating agreements
- Coordination of the supplier meetings where each supplier must present its proposal
- Development of decision support incl. for / cons of each proposal
- Presentation of proposals to the steering committee